Types Of Orthodontic Appliances
Ricci Orthodontics offers a wide variety of orthodontic services so that patients can receive the care they need. Dr. Steven Ricci will conduct a thorough examination of your dental structure to determine which treatments are right for you. With the different types of orthodontic appliances available, our team works hard to determine which is best for each patient.
THE APPLIANCES WE OFFER AT RICCI ORTHODONTICS INCLUDE:
Click an appliance name to see the form provided in the office or to learn more information.
- Facemask: A facemask is a removable appliance designed to increase the forward growth of a patient’s top jaw. This will help align the jaws better and will also help correct any crossbite that may exist.
- Positioner: The Tooth Positioner can finalize or refine your current orthodontic results if it is worn as directed. Patients will wear the Tooth Positioner 24 hours/day for the first 4 days in order for success. Patients will remove the appliance only for eating and brushing activities. While wearing the device, we ask the patient to “chew” it. In other words, repeatedly clench your teeth straight into this mouthguard-type appliance and bite together with some force for about 20 seconds and then release. Do this for 10-minute intervals every hour during the day, and the remainder of the time, simply close lightly into the Positioner. This “force” will enable the teeth to move into the ideal mold created for your teeth. This “exercising” will straighten them even better than we have accomplished with braces; otherwise, you may need additional time with braces.
- Rapid Palatal Expander: An RPE is a non-removable appliance to widen or expand a patient’s jaw. By widening the jaw, we will be making more room for the remaining permanent teeth and correcting any crossbites that may exist.
More Types of Orthodontic Appliances
- Separators: Separators, more commonly referred to as “spacers,” have been placed between your teeth so that orthodontic bands may be placed on these teeth at your next visit. A band is like a small ring for your tooth that must be sized specifically for each individual tooth. In order to slide the band over the top of the tooth, a small amount of space is required on each side of the tooth. It is important that the separators stay between your teeth, or we may not be able to comfortably fit the bands at your next appointment.
- Trudenta– This option is an FDA-approved device that helps with long-term head pain. Pain can come from migraines, facial pain, and TMJ disorder.
- Braces– From traditional braces to newer applications, braces can treat a variety of orthodontic problems. Your orthodontist will work with you to determine which type of braces will work best for your situation.
- Retainers– After braces, your teeth can still shift over time to their original position. To prevent this shift from occurring, you need retainers to keep your teeth in place.
It’s our desire to obtain the best possible result from the orthodontic treatment. In order to achieve this result, it’s essential that a cooperative relationship exists between the orthodontist and patient. By working together, we can attain the very best smile for each patient. Please contact Ricci Orthodontics at 678-417-9848
if you would like to learn more about types of orthodontic appliances in Johns Creek, Georgia, or schedule an appointment.