Types of Braces
Orthodontic braces come in a few main types, which include traditional metal, ceramic, and Invisalign®. Ricci Orthodontics attaches traditional metal and ceramic braces to your teeth with brackets. We then connect these with archwires that apply pressure to your teeth to move them into the right position. However, there are differences between these and the other types of braces.
If you’re ready for a functional and perfect smile, reach out to our team today by calling or texting 678-417-9848.
TYPES OF BRACES AT RICCI ORTHODONTICS
Traditional Metal Braces
The brackets and archwires consist of high-grade stainless steel. The rubber or elastic bands that come with traditional metal braces are available in several colors so that you can be creative and coordinate with the seasons or your school colors.
- Advantages — The colored bands give children a way to express themselves, and they are the cheapest type of braces
- Disadvantages — The most noticeable type of braces
Ceramic braces offer a more pleasing appearance than traditional metal braces. The brackets for ceramic braces are clear materials. This means that others can’t see them on your teeth so easily. These braces require larger brackets. They’re also more fragile than traditional metal braces. Ceramic braces are typically used for adults because of this, and they are only attached to the upper front teeth.
- Advantages — They move teeth into place much faster than invisible braces, and they are less noticeable than traditional metal braces
- Disadvantages — The brackets stain easily if you abandon proper care, and they cost more than metal braces
Invisible Braces (Invisalign®)
Invisalign® or invisible braces are an ideal treatment for both adults and teens. If you are undergoing orthodontic treatment, they offer effective corrections without others noticing them. This is an ideal option if you are worried about how you will look with metal braces because they are not noticeable. Invisalign® is not attached to your teeth like traditional metal and ceramic braces. Instead, we will have a set of clear aligners made specifically for your teeth. There are no other aligners with the same level of comfort and convenience and you can remove them in certain situations.
- Advantages — Clearest, most comfortable, least number of office visits, easiest to clean and no food restrictions
- Disadvantages — Requires compliance
When you don’t have a lot of time to wait for dental braces to align your teeth, consider Wilckodontics® accelerated braces. With a minimally invasive procedure, the oral surgeon and periodontist work together to prepare the alveolar bone and gums for rapid changes.
- Advantages — Straightens teeth about four times faster, bone regrows stronger
- Disadvantages — requires oral surgery
The friendly team at Ricci Orthodontics proudly serves residents near Johns Creek, GA. Our range of services beyond dental braces include:
To learn more about the types of braces in Johns Creek, Georgia, that are offered at Ricci Orthodontics, give our team a call or text at 678-417-9848. You can schedule a time to meet with Dr. Steven Ricci and learn which of these orthodontic treatments are right for you.