Braces for Adults in Johns Creek GA
It’s a common assumption that braces are only for teenagers. However, regardless of your age, it’s always possible to restore your smile and improve your dental health. For a variety of reasons, many adults were unable to correct problems during their childhood. These issues can include overbites, misaligned jaws, crowded teeth, underbites, jaw joint disorders, and crooked teeth. Over the years, if these issues are left untreated, they can progress towards more serious issues. These can include gum disease, serious tooth decay, chronic headaches, ear pain, as well as problems with speaking, biting, and chewing. Adult braces can give these individuals the help they need to correct these problems and protect their oral health in the future.
Other reasons that adults may benefit from orthodontic treatment:
- Correct a misaligned bite or malocclusion.
- Fix teeth that are either too crowded or too widely spaced apart, a significant contributor to advanced gum disease and tooth decay.
- Regain a more beautiful smile.
- Improve oral hygiene and health.
- Relieve pressure and pain in the jaw that is caused by misaligned or crooked teeth.
WHAT KIND OF BRACES ARE AVAILABLE FOR ADULTS?
While metal braces were more traditional in the past, adults can now benefit from advanced orthodontics that are comfortable, nearly invisible, and customized to their unique needs. Ricci Orthodontics now offers adults a variety of advanced braces to match your lifestyle, including:
WHY SHOULD I CORRECT CROOKED TEETH AS AN ADULT?
There are many reasons adults choose to address misaligned teeth. These are mainly for cosmetic or functional reasons. Our teeth play an important role in our social lives as well as chewing our food. Take a look at the following reasons to correct crooked teeth:
- Your smile is often the first feature that people notice. The best way to make a great impression is when you have a smile that you are proud to share with the world.
- A beautiful, symmetrical smile helps with your confidence when it matters most. Successful orthodontic treatment will boost your self-confidence, improving your relationship with others and giving you the freedom to smile without holding back.
- The best way to have healthy teeth is when they are straight. Once properly aligned in position, it is far easier to keep teeth clean, preventing the build-up of chronic gum disease and other serious oral health problems in the future.
There are also reasons for teeth to shift as an adult that need to be addressed. Those with late wisdom teeth eruptions commonly experience teeth shifting. Other dental issues may result from car accidents or other events causing dental trauma.
ARE ADULT BRACES DIFFERENT?
No different than teenagers, adults can benefit from a more beautiful smile and improved oral health from wearing dental braces. But because adult mouths are no longer growing, orthodontic treatment may take slightly longer than for teens. Most of our adult clients require wearing braces for about a year and a half to three years.
Once we remove your adult braces, you’ll need to continue to wear a retainer. This will work to preserve all of the benefits of your newly straightened teeth.
Do you think you could benefit from adult braces? Are you considering other orthodontic options? If you have questions regarding orthodontic services in Johns Creek, Georgia, reach out to Ricci Orthodontics today. We can help you with many dental issues, including: