Invisalign vs. braces: What are the pros and cons of these two orthodontic treatments?
Ricci Orthodontics offers top-quality, convenient, and affordable custom Invisalign and braces for everyone in Johns Creek, Georgia, and surrounding areas. For over 16 years, we’ve been transforming smiles for all ages. Today, more adults than ever are getting started and seeing fantastic results.
Please, take a tour of our welcoming, family-friendly orthodontic office and book a complimentary consultation. Today, you may also choose a free virtual consultation. Just click the blue button that reads, “Start Your Virtual Appointment” below.
Now, let’s take a closer look at Invisalign vs. braces.
Invisalign vs. Braces: Is One Better Than the Other?
Often, people wonder if Invisalign or braces may be a better choice. However, both are orthodontic treatments that can align the teeth and jaws. Since 1998, Invisalign and helped over ten million people. As for braces, they have helped untold millions dating back much longer.
To determine which treatment is better for your smile, you’ll need an experienced orthodontist to evaluate your smile. After your free consultation, Dr. Steven C. Ricci can determine if you are a candidate for Invisalign or if braces may work better in your case. Then, our team will work with you to design the perfect custom plan.
Notably, Invisalign and braces can transform all kinds of smiles comfortably. Today, braces are advanced and more discreet and work efficiently for all ages.
On the other hand, Invisalign candidates can enjoy some convenient advantages. Below, we look at a few pros and cons of Invisalign. Then, we’ll do the same for braces.
Pros of Invisalign
Here are some of the best parts about Invisalign:
- Aligners are very discreet.
- Enjoy what you want to eat throughout treatment.
- Invisalign transforms many types of smiles.
- Easy to brush your teeth and clean aligners.
- Fewer overall appointments (generally)
- Unlikely to have an emergency
- Comfortable and precise fit to your smile
Cons of Invisalign
- Aligners can be easily lost.
- You must wear aligners at all times (except when eating or cleaning)
- Hot liquids or environments can warp aligners.
- Braces may work better for some smiles.
- Whenever you eat or drink (other than cool water), you must take out the aligners.
All things considered, Invisalign has some notable advantages. For those concerned about changing their diet during treatment, that’s not a problem with Invisalign.
View this post on Instagram
Pros of Braces
- Works for people of all ages
- Effective and efficient for advanced corrections
- A wide range of options, colors, and even braces that hide behind your teeth (Lingual Braces)
- Clear braces offer a discreet look.
- Easier to clean around with today’s smaller profiles.
Cons of Braces
- Occasional emergencies for broken wires or loose brackets
- More frequent visits for wire adjustments
- It’s necessary to avoid hard, sticky, chewy, or crunch foods to prevent damaging braces.
- Generally more visible than aligners (except hidden Lingual braces)
- Trickier to clean around than Invisalign
Although braces remain attached to your teeth, it means you won’t ever lose them. Plus, treatment stays on track with no delays caused by losing them or not wearing them for enough hours.
Both Invisalign and Braces are Affordable
At Ricci Orthodontics, braces and Invisalign are affordable with in-house payment plans to fit your budget. Also, accept several insurances and will be happy to help file paperwork to get any available benefits.
Notably, the overall cost for Invisalign vs. braces varies widely depending on many factors. For example, one person may require minor treatment while another person may need extensive correction. Also, there are many choices of braces that can affect the cost. For a general cost, here is some helpful information.
In general, the cost for Invisalign is similar to that of traditional metal braces. Since affordable plans fit your budget, it’s easy to get started with the care you need. Over a lifetime, you’ll continue to enjoy significant oral health benefits. Plus, you’ll be proud to show your dream smile to everyone you see.
Learn More About Invisalign vs. Braces From Home
We hope this information about Invisalign vs. Braces is helpful as you consider treatment. Today, it’s never been as easy to get started and learn more from home.
Get started with a free virtual consultation by clicking the blue button that reads, “Start Your Virtual Appointment” below. Or, book your complimentary consultation and meet the team. We look forward to helping you reach your goals of a beautiful, healthy smile.
As always, you may call or text us anytime at 678-417-9848.
Tags: braces, how much do braces cost, invisalign, Invisalign vs. braces
View this post on Instagram